Old 04-29-2015, 07:40 PM

Default MSA-T Factory reset

is there a way to factory reset these? hopefully without sysex?

both of my MSA-T units are not showing any sign of MIDI. when they power up the led turns on for a second and then off which i think means all is good. but i can't for the life of me get a response after that. my midi interface is lighting up on the output which i think means that it is sending signal. i've tried every note/channel (its set to channel one though). and i've checked the midi wiring a few times.

can anyone think of a reason i wouldn't see a response?

now i'm wondering if they broke but i can't imagine both would have at the same time.

thoughts?
thanks
Old 04-29-2015, 10:40 PM

Well I went and bought a switch and used the manual method to re initialize what they respond to and it is now working. What's weird is that I've never changed the settings before now which makes me wonder if somehow it got set to a different preset or was glitching until I set the notes back.

Not really sure
Old 04-30-2015, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwack View Post
Well I went and bought a switch and used the manual method to re initialize what they respond to and it is now working. What's weird is that I've never changed the settings before now which makes me wonder if somehow it got set to a different preset or was glitching until I set the notes back.

Not really sure
Glad you got it sorted out. If you have trouble again, let me know which revision you are working with.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:22 AM

Thanks john! These are rev k. Not sure what serial.

You know. One thing I thought of was that these were in a road case in a trailer this winter and might have dropped to some pretty low temps somewhere in the Midwest. Maybe they just needed a reboot.